How can you earn Step It Up Erie County Swag including the cool WC buff?
- Log 250,000 in any one month period (average 10,000 for 25 days) or when you log a total of 500,000 steps.
- Become an admin of a group and you will earn swag when your group logs 1 Million Steps.
- EASIEST WAY!! Be a Social Sharing All Star by inviting your Facebook/Instagram friends to participate too (please tag us on Facebook with @walkCabarrus. We cannot see all #walkcabarrus hashtag mentions due to privacy settings). You can use the hashtag #walkcabarrus on Instagram or the @WalkCabarrus mention.
- Become a neighborhood captain and promote Step It Up Erie County in your Facebook Group or Next Door.
Stay tuned for ways to earn prizes along the way to our #1BillionStep goal! Make sure you are following our Facebook Page and/or join our Facebook Group.
If you reach any of these milestones, email us your physical mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get your swag in the mail!
How can you get involved?
- Become a Neighborhood Captain and distribute flyers and magnets on mailbox hooks, in your neighborhood newsletter, or on the Next Door app
- If you are a business, set up a group and promote Step It Up Erie County to your employees
- If you are an organization, share Step It Up Erie County on your social media channels and in your email newsletter
Gear Up for WALKtober with a Ton of Challenges!
We cannot believe that October is already here! It feels like just yesterday that we launched our community-wide walking campaign, logged our first million steps, and started sharing your inspiring stories from all over the county. Now look at us! Look at YOU!
You are one of the many reasons why Step It Up Erie County has become what it is. We genuinely can’t say “thank you” enough for every single step you have logged over the past few months. But there’s still work to be done and steps to be logged, so…
We’re launching WALKtober!
- Challenge 1:
This one is simple. All you have to do is log your steps every day for 2 straight weeks and send a photo of your dashboard to email@example.com. You can log 1,000 steps or 10,000 steps; it doesn’t matter. All we want is for you to get up, get out, and log those steps. Once you do that, we’ll reach out to see whether you’d like a free Step It Up Erie County Fandana OR Phone Wallet.
- Challenge 2:
For our second challenge, we’ll look to the leaderboard. But don’t worry, it’s not just who is on top. Instead, we will be rewarding the Top 5 Walkers in all three registration categories at the end of the month with a FULL Step It Up Erie County Swag Pack.
If you remember back to when you signed up, there was a question about how much you currently walk. You had the option to choose between a) Not currently a walker, b) Walk 1-2 times per week, and c) Walk 3+ times per week. Whatever you chose when you registered is the category you’ll be placed in for this WALKtober challenge!
We are only totaling up steps for OCTOBER, so your chance at an amazing swag pack begins tomorrow. Make sure you walk and log before the month comes to an end!
- Community Challenge:
To reach our goal of #1BillionSteps, we need to have a HUGE October, but we know that you are up to the challenge! That is why we are asking everyone who has registered to have your best month yet so that we can have OUR best month yet as a community.
What’s the challenge, you ask? Okay, we’ll tell you…
We are challenging Cabarrus County to log 150 MILLION STEPS in October! Together, we know that our walkers are capable of amazing things, and reaching this goal would certainly be amazing. So, let’s do it!
Now is the perfect time to get back in the habit of logging steps and recommit to our goal of reaching #1BillionSteps. There’s competition, there’s the chance to win swag, and there’s amazing Fall weather. Seriously, you cannot beat that!
Please join us in participating during WALKtober, inviting friends and family members, logging steps, and more throughout the upcoming month. We could not have gotten this far without you, and we hope to go even further this October. Happy Walking!